Tuesday, April 9, 2013

I love and do not judge the people from the world for it is God's job to judge them. I teach, love, and am tolerant. Like Lecrae says "I'm in no position to condemn anyone, but I won't condone the actions of everyone." So while I'm on this earth representing Christ I will stay away from judging unbelievers but rather teach how can I judge someone who does not know the Truth? (don't confuse judging or conviction for condemnation - that debt has been cleared looooong long ago) But I will not allow a fellow believer claim their faith while PURPOSELY disregarding who they claim to be while not being the example of one. One argument that ticks me: when people expect Christians to be perfect yet when they don’t meet their expectations than “all hope is lost.” Christians are not perfect, well not on this side of heaven; we are only working on perfection. Yes, Christians slip and fall so we will do a lot of wrongs but what sets apart we get back up and repent ask for guidance. Point is growing in Christ & if you're the type that says “I try” but really don't improve then all u are doing is the talking and not the walking. The Key point is growth and like children we grew, learned not to repeat our mistakes, so is this Christian journey mistakes/sins will happen but it’s how we get through them and not how we choose to "rollover on them"
Where I am trying to get to- is while someone calls themselves brother, believer, Christian, and does not display any growth in Christ I will not call them my brothers, period!
One of my very favorite verses that really speak to me on how not to judge the world for it is God’s and how to act around false Christians. Like I once heard Believing in Christ DOES NOT make u a Christian if that were so Satan would be one too cuz he too believes in Christ but he is way far from ever being a Christian!

1 Corinthians 5:9-13 (NLT)
9 When I wrote to you before, I told you not to associate with people who indulge in sexual sin. 10 But I wasn’t talking about unbelievers who indulge in sexual sin, or are greedy, or cheat people, or worship idols. You would have to leave this world to avoid people like that. 11 I meant that you are not to associate with anyone who claims to be a believer yet indulges in sexual sin, or is greedy, or worships idols, or is abusive, or is a drunkard, or cheats people. Don’t even eat with such people.
12 It isn’t my responsibility to judge outsiders, but it certainly is your responsibility to judge those inside the church who are sinning. 13 God will judge those on the outside; but as the Scriptures say, “You must remove the evil person from among you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment